We love mexican food and this quick and easy tortilla stack using our Premium Beef Mince is the perfect midweek meal idea.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 500g Green Meadows Beef Premium Mince
- 3 large silverbeet leaves, washed, stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (mixed with 1/4 cup of water)
- 1 tin brown lentils, drained
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3-6 wholemeal tortillas
- 1 cup edam cheese, grated
- Side salad
- Sour cream
- Salsa or taco sauce
- Chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Spray an oven proof dish and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the cumin and coriander and fry for 2 minutes, mixing well over the onion and garlic.
- Add the mince to the pan and cook over medium-high heat ensuring you stir often. Fry off until the beef is browned.
- Add the silverbeet and cook for 3-5 minutes until wilted.
- Season well with salt and pepper before adding the tinned tomatoes and tomato paste mixed with water. Stir well to combine.
- Add the lentils and mix gently, being careful not to turn the lentils to mush.
- In your oven proof dish, spoon a third of the meat mixture and spread evenly across the base of the dish. Top with two tortillas to overlap. Repeat with the second third of the meat mixture. Top with two tortillas overlapping (or as many as you need depending on the size of your dish). Spoon the final quantity of the meat mixture over top and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Cut into pieces and serve with salad, sour cream and salsa on the side.